Monday 7 November 2011

Welcome back

They say the modern day woman has the ability to balance life, family and work. And all of this is on top of teaching her children a foreign language, while still managing to have dinner on the table by 5pm. So if this is the case then why can I not balance writing and having a boyfriend?
This has never before been a serious issue and writing about men (in fact all things male-related), has been as easy as the ability to drool over Daniel Craig's biceps. But six weeks and two days later the majority of my literary content is in the form of text messages and very little else!
For some bizarre reason I've always held back writing when I meet a nice man, the thought of him reading something terrible and having second thoughts maybe something to do with it. Perhaps this is a type of test...we shall see.
Anyway, now that I am unable to write about the trials and tribulations of single hood you could say I'm a little stumped on what to blog about. I could write about how couples-culture is utter bliss, or how kissing in public really does make people gag (I actually had a little boy look me in the eye and physically gagged while "The Man" and I were holding hands on a table in Jamie's) but where is the fun in that? If you're in a relationship you will probably think "aw I remember when we used to do that..." and if you're single you'll probably already be clutching your sick bucket.
So warning in advance, if you'd rather read about petit pois than mushy peas you may have to open another book.

No comments:

Post a Comment