Friday 26 August 2011

France: Could it be magic?

So here we are, a new time zone, a new language and an awful lot more crepes. In short, the Coussens family have arrived in France!

We left sunny old England at 5am yesterday morning (that's thursday the 25th depending on when this entry gets posted) headed for Dover, woke up in France and ended up in Serris some six hours later. Unfortunately what should have taken two hours had in fact tripled- Mum has some incredible navigational skills and let's leave it at that.

After flexing our French skills, who knew I could be so fluent, we located our hotel and made our way to Disneyland.

We decided to spend two days here before meeting up with the other three families tomorrow and heading on to Nièvre.

I would love to know how Disneyland has the power to transform even adults into children, it truly is magical. All that is stopping me from buying an overly-priced Disney princess dress is my boobs, apparently Cinderella and her princess crew didn't make it to puberty.

But not all is lost. While every little girl under the age of 11 is skipping around dressed as Snow White, Sleeping Beauty or Belle, there is one Disney accessory that does cater for the older woman: the Minnie Mouse ears. Yes, you may not be able to fit into a dress, but you can wear a giant pair of black plastic mouse ears on your head. Great.

We had our final day in the park today and will be heading back later this evening to see the fireworks and parade. All I have to do is control the urge to rugby tackle one of the dancing princesses and rob her of her costume. Knowing my luck I would get caught (once the female victim had been bundled)with the Cinderella costume stuck round my neck- the result of eating far too many croissants- kiss the wrong prince and discover my parade dancing skills aren't as good as I thought they'd be.

So there you have it. I may have to admit defeat on my princess dreams for the time being, but with 10 days still to go in France who knows what magic will happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment